An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in america in 2017, in accordance with a Pew Research Center analysis regarding the U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this profile that is statistical those who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; this can include immigrants from Colombia and the ones whom trace their loved ones ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians will be the seventh-largest population of Hispanic beginning staying in the usa, accounting for just two% for the U.S. population that is hispanic 2017. Since 2000, the population that is colombian-origin increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million throughout the duration. At exactly the same time, the Colombian foreign-born populace surviving in the U.S. grew by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017. The nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin group, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, of the Hispanic population in 2017 by comparison, Mexicans.
Colombian-origin population into the U.S., 2000-2017
|Foreign born||U.S. born|
Pew Analysis Center
The after key points compare demographic and financial traits for the Colombian-origin population in the U.S. because of the faculties of U.S. Hispanics together with U.S. populace overall. It really is centered on Pew analysis Center tabulations associated with the 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics into the U.S., about 33% are international created, compared to 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians are typically in the U.S. for more than two decades, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have obtained at the least a degree that is bachelorвЂ™s in contrast to 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians many years 25 and older, the U.S. born tend to be more likely compared to the international born to have bachelorвЂ™s level or maybe more (42% vs. 30%).
- The median annual personal earnings for those ages 16 and older was $25,000, compared with $28,600 for Colombians among U.S. hispanics.
- Taking a look at full-time, year-round employees, U.S. Hispanics attained significantly less than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics whom reside in poverty (19%) is higher than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, because do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) resembles the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians in the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than international born (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The Colombian populace is concentrated in Florida (31%), ny (14%) and nj (12%).
- The age that is median of Hispanics (29) is gloomier than that of Colombians (37) in addition to U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less inclined to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians many years 18 and older, those who find themselves international created are more inclined to be hitched compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. women that are hispanic 15 to 44 gave delivery when you look at the year before the July 2017 American Community Survey. The price for Colombian females ended up being 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older speak just English in the home or talk English at the least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Likewise, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, because are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Download the info
Other U.S. fact that is hispanic
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin fact that is group-specific: